Places to see, things to do
Rechullin Holiday Cottages are nestled on the lower slopes of Beinn Alligin next the shore of Upper Loch Torridon. The whole Torridon area has outstanding natural beauty and indeed most of the North shores of Loch Torridon are managed by the National Trust for Scotland. Outdoor activities for people of all ages and interests are accessible right outside your door.
Be sure to take advantage of our outdoor activities, including:
- Hiking (there are a number of Munro's within walking distance)
- Boating / Kayaking
- Fishing (sea or fresh water lochs)
- Mountain biking
- Private Pitch and putt golf course at Rechullin.
- Golf (Gairloch & Lochcarron)
- Local events in the Torridon Community Centre / Gym / Bar
- and more
Picture gallery: Outdoor activities
Torridon (Fasag) village is a nice coastal walk from our house and the Torridon Stores and Cafe is an excellent place for food and essential shopping.There is a National Trust for Scotland tourist office at the junction of the A835.
Some of the local restaurants and pubs include:
- Applecross Inn ( 1 hour drive away)
- The Gorse Bush, Kinlochewe (30 minute drive)
- The Torridon Inn (20 minute drive)
- The Torridon ( 5 star Hotel ) (20 minute drive)
- Torridon Stores and Cafe (15 minute drive / 1 hour walk)
- The Wee Whistle Stop Cafe, Torridon Community Centre (1 hour walk)
- Nanny's Cafe, Sheildaig (30 minute drive)
- Coastal Kitchen/Pub, Sheildaig (30 minute drive)
- Gille Brigde Restaurant/Pub (15 minute drive)
- Kishorn Seafood Bar ( 40 minute drive)
- and more
- Booking is essential for almost all pubs/restauarants.